How to scan a document on iPhone and iPad
The document scanner is tucked away in the Notes app on iPhone and iPad. With just a couple of taps, you’ll have a solidly scanned document ready to mark up, covert to PDF, and share with another app.
- Launch the Notes app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Create a New Note.
- Tap the More button just above the keyboard. It looks like a plus (+) symbol.
- Tap Scan Document from the list of options.
- Line up the document you want to scan.
- If the scanner doesn’t automatically scan, tap the shutter button to manually scan the document.
- Repeat the step above for each page you want to scan for a single document.
- Tap Save when you’ve scanned all of the pages you want to include with one document.
The scanned pages will populate in a new note in the Notes app.
Scan documents with Android
Scan documents like receipts, letters, and billing statements to save them as searchable PDFs on your Google Drive.
Scan a document
- Open the Google Drive app .
- In the bottom right, tap Add .
- Tap Scan .
- Take a photo of the document you’d like to scan.
- Adjust scan area: Tap Crop .
- Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page .
- Scan another page: Tap Add .
To save the finished document, tap Done